With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Sticky Fingers Wet Hop IIPA. 21 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Stouterday Night Live. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Mutiny. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Sour Power Hour. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Whale Bay. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Blueberry Trainwreck. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for The Blue. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity