With Sac Fly-PA, Knee Deep takes Sacramento Triple-A baseball and a catchy play on words and affixes it to a really solid standard West Coast IPA. It pours a perfectly crystal clear, slightly amber, straw color, reminiscent of an Oktoberfest beer. It is not overly carbonated, but a consistent sparse stream of tiny bubbles flows from the bottom to the top of the glass. The head is thick, but not very dense, sort of like large soapy bath bubbles. The aroma pairs grassy and piney CTZ hops with the traditional Knee Deep grainy malts. The flavor takes a West Coast approach, favoring bitterness over sweetness. There is a complex maltiness featuring bread flavors of rye and sourdough. The malt side plays a major role and works toward balancing the hops. It finishes fairly dry which causes anticipation for the next sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Stalk. 11 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Outside Denali IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Xocoveza. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Samuel Adams New World Tripel. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Once Upon a Time in Blenheim. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity