Tovarish is a Russian Imperial Stout with a color that is dark brown, bordering on black with a half finger of creamy, dark khaki head that thins to a nice film. Intense malt aroma with coffee and dark chocolate. Similar taste, with bold flavors of dark, roasted malt, espresso, vanilla, molasses, and dark chocolate or Mexican chocolate. There's a dark fruit flavor, like chocolate covered strawberries or cherries. Not particularly sweet or bitter - just the right amount of each. Full bodied with a slick, syrupy mouthfeel. Dangerously drinkable for 11.2%. We aged this an additional two years (bottled 12/12/2016) and we're sure glad we did, because this is an exceptional beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 48 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Back to the Brews. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc and 1 other listened to L.A.I.P.As. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller commented on beer Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity