Tovarish is a Russian Imperial Stout with a color that is dark brown, bordering on black with a half finger of creamy, dark khaki head that thins to a nice film. Intense malt aroma with coffee and dark chocolate. Similar taste, with bold flavors of dark, roasted malt, espresso, vanilla, molasses, and dark chocolate or Mexican chocolate. There’s a dark fruit flavor, like chocolate covered strawberries or cherries. Not particularly sweet or bitter – just the right amount of each. Full bodied with a slick, syrupy mouthfeel. Dangerously drinkable for 11.2%. We aged this an additional two years (bottled 12/12/2016) and we’re sure glad we did, because this is an exceptional beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 36 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rock the Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Gigantic IPA. 7 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Here Gose Nothin'. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity