Tovarish is a Russian Imperial Stout with a color that is dark brown, bordering on black with a half finger of creamy, dark khaki head that thins to a nice film. Intense malt aroma with coffee and dark chocolate. Similar taste, with bold flavors of dark, roasted malt, espresso, vanilla, molasses, and dark chocolate or Mexican chocolate. There's a dark fruit flavor, like chocolate covered strawberries or cherries. Not particularly sweet or bitter - just the right amount of each. Full bodied with a slick, syrupy mouthfeel. Dangerously drinkable for 11.2%. We aged this an additional two years (bottled 12/12/2016) and we're sure glad we did, because this is an exceptional beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 23 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Avant Garde. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Blueberry Trainwreck. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Rock the Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Pelican. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Davy Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity