Tovarish is a Russian Imperial Stout with a color that is dark brown, bordering on black with a half finger of creamy, dark khaki head that thins to a nice film. Intense malt aroma with coffee and dark chocolate. Similar taste, with bold flavors of dark, roasted malt, espresso, vanilla, molasses, and dark chocolate or Mexican chocolate. There's a dark fruit flavor, like chocolate covered strawberries or cherries. Not particularly sweet or bitter - just the right amount of each. Full bodied with a slick, syrupy mouthfeel. Dangerously drinkable for 11.2%. We aged this an additional two years (bottled 12/12/2016) and we're sure glad we did, because this is an exceptional beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 48 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hayburner. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to October Spectacular!. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Epic IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity