Tovarish is a Russian Imperial Stout with a color that is dark brown, bordering on black with a half finger of creamy, dark khaki head that thins to a nice film. Intense malt aroma with coffee and dark chocolate. Similar taste, with bold flavors of dark, roasted malt, espresso, vanilla, molasses, and dark chocolate or Mexican chocolate. There's a dark fruit flavor, like chocolate covered strawberries or cherries. Not particularly sweet or bitter - just the right amount of each. Full bodied with a slick, syrupy mouthfeel. Dangerously drinkable for 11.2%. We aged this an additional two years (bottled 12/12/2016) and we're sure glad we did, because this is an exceptional beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 15 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Big Wave Golden Ale. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Homo Erectus. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA