Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout California Edition
Color is dark, dark brown with ½ finger of tan, creamy head. Coffee dominated aroma, but also some dark chocolate. Taste is malt forward, with a super smooth mouthfeel. Minimal sweetness, instead the malts have a bold, roasted flavor that really opens up the coffee and dark chocolate flavors. Hops are herbal and earthy, but they certainly take a back seat to the malts. The 13.5% is pretty hidden. But the whiskey barrel flavors may sneak up on you. On the finish, there’s a smooth, bourbon sweetness that balances with the bold, coffee flavors. If you like bourbon and if you like coffee, this is the beer for you.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Velvet Evil. 24 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Red Flag Amber. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Never Better. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Mocha Wednesday (2016 Edition). 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other added a rating for Truck Trail. 6 hours ago
- plarson listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Kabru West Coast IPA