Color is dark brown, nearly black, with one finger of khaki colored, creamy head. The head sticks around for a long time, and leaves just a bit of lacing on the glass. The aroma is intense, with huge amounts of chocolate. Taste is similar, and the chocolate has more of a bittersweet flavor, not a sugary or sweet chocolate taste. But it still reminds us of German Chocolate Cake. Malt-forward with dark bread and black coffee notes. Mouthfeel is dry and chewy, with a medium to full body and light carbonation. The 9% is well contained, and the finish is dry but silky smooth. Well done.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Fera Fermentum. 30 minutes ago
- rolandor6 listened to Sour Power Hour. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Golden Trout. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Plum Riot. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Beard Tax. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to October Spectacular!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity