Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty - both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn't overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic Toasted Porter. 39 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Afterglow. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Juicebox Series - Peach Berliner Weisse. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to The Gold Standard. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Anchor Steam Beer. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Exit 10 Trail Mix. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Never Mind the Beer Here's the Milkshake. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity