Appearance is beautiful with a very clear, medium amber, almost red color with a thick, foamy, off-white head. Aroma is intense, with the juniper berries and sage creating a big introduction. On the taste, the hops are earthy and piney, a bit medicinal but that must be the juniper berries and sage. Plenty of malts, with caramel and dark chocolate flavors creating some mild sweetness. Mouthfeel is astringent and warming, with average to above average carbonation. The juniper berries and sage really dominate though, creating some strong flavors that you normally don't find in this style. But the taste is superb, and if you're looking for something unique in the IPA world, give this one a try.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze. 12 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Critical Band. 29 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) 2017. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Zywiec Porter 1881. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Here Comes the Reaper. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for What Hath God Wrought. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Chuck-Amok. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity