Appearance is beautiful with a very clear, medium amber, almost red color with a thick, foamy, off-white head. Aroma is intense, with the juniper berries and sage creating a big introduction. On the taste, the hops are earthy and piney, a bit medicinal but that must be the juniper berries and sage. Plenty of malts, with caramel and dark chocolate flavors creating some mild sweetness. Mouthfeel is astringent and warming, with average to above average carbonation. The juniper berries and sage really dominate though, creating some strong flavors that you normally don’t find in this style. But the taste is superb, and if you’re looking for something unique in the IPA world, give this one a try.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 3 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Rebel IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Pilsner Urquell. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for La Résistance Sour Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Thirsty Trout Porter. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Filbert. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity