Appearance is beautiful with a very clear, medium amber, almost red color with a thick, foamy, off-white head. Aroma is intense, with the juniper berries and sage creating a big introduction. On the taste, the hops are earthy and piney, a bit medicinal but that must be the juniper berries and sage. Plenty of malts, with caramel and dark chocolate flavors creating some mild sweetness. Mouthfeel is astringent and warming, with average to above average carbonation. The juniper berries and sage really dominate though, creating some strong flavors that you normally don't find in this style. But the taste is superb, and if you're looking for something unique in the IPA world, give this one a try.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tap It IPA. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 6 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Happy New Beer!. 7 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity