Color is medium amber with some copper red highlights. Mostly clear with a continuous string of ascending bubbles. Head is off-white, frothy, and seems to last forever. Aroma is very sour and fruity. Taste is a milder sour, not as much as we expected based on the nose. The elderberries add some fruit complexity, but the flavor isn't too dominant. Oak, vanilla, and bourbon flavors come in at the end, with some semi-sweet maltiness. Medium body and nicely carbonated. As far as sours go, this is really balanced between the tartness and the elderberry, with a sweet bourbon sweetness to round things out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 and 1 other listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 52 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Pride Of cHops. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Southern Resident Killer Whale IPA. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Zero Buttons IPA. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity