Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Identity Crisis. 13 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hang 'em High. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Birra Moretti La Rossa. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Seattle Show. 3 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Rooster's Cream Ale. 4 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for EightFive-O American Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity