Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to San Diego Part 2. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity