Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to IPAs East and West. 9 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Tanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Christmas Special. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Scorpius Morchella. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Operation IPA Overload. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Pistil. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity