Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Beer V. 42 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Stalk. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Outside Denali IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Xocoveza. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Samuel Adams New World Tripel. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 7 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity