Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 37 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity