5 Hop pours blacker than a stout with a gigantic tan head that takes a while to calm down. The aroma is pretty robustly hoppy, predominantly a piney bitter smell. The first couple sips are mouth punches, with strong citrus and pine hoppiness that seem to compete with each other. The bitterness is almost chewable and the finish is rounded out by a burned malt characteristic that lingers. It's medium bodied and is smooth like a stout, and a unique brew for all the hop heads looking for something a little different. It's impressive and clever they managed to get the ABV in right at 5.55%.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 53 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lips of Faith - Le Terroir (2015). 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Sactown Brews Revisited. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Weapon of Mass Seduction. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to LA LA Land. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Forever Cashmere. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Yuengling Lager. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity