5 Hop pours blacker than a stout with a gigantic tan head that takes a while to calm down. The aroma is pretty robustly hoppy, predominantly a piney bitter smell. The first couple sips are mouth punches, with strong citrus and pine hoppiness that seem to compete with each other. The bitterness is almost chewable and the finish is rounded out by a burned malt characteristic that lingers. It's medium bodied and is smooth like a stout, and a unique brew for all the hop heads looking for something a little different. It's impressive and clever they managed to get the ABV in right at 5.55%.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Port 10 Year Anniversary Ale. 52 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Fernprost. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Redhook Winterhook. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Vanishing Point Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Tax Holiday. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 6 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for No Resolutions. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity