11 Pipers Piping is a Scotch Ale that pours an amber brown color with a head that is dark tan with lots of oily lacing on the glass. The aroma is fairly mild. But that changes once you take a sip, as this is a full-bodied, complex beer. Flavors of roasted malt, dark break like pumpernickel or rye, coupled with a hefty amount of candi sweetness. Mouthfeel is delicate, silky and velvety with hints of vanilla, oak, and butterscotch. Super smooth and the 11% is well hidden. Dark cherries and orange zest develop into a mild tartness, especially in the finish. So much flavor - this is an amazing beer to enjoy during this winter season.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 53 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Sam Adams Boston Lager. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Landline. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Hidden Grotto. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Juice Press. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 6 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity