Stone 25th is a golden orange color, maybe slightly darker than the original Stone IPA, but not much. It's quite clear, but Triple IPAs are always a little more viscous than their single IPA counterparts. The dominant aroma is pine, although some citrus hops may also be creeping through on the nose. The flavor is a three-course meal starting with the substantial pumpernickel bready malt base, a bouquet of hops including pine, floral, citrus and a little tropical sweetness, and a finish which is both bitter and sweet. At 12.5%, the booze cannot be ignored, this is a serious IPA and seriously strong. But for the 25th Anniversary of the brewery that defined the modern IPA, a Triple IPA that pushes the envelope in so many facets is about as perfect a tribute as you can get.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Corruption IPA. 35 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Nukin' Futz Imperial Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Porter. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Accumulated Knowledge. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for The Experiment - Batch #2. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Le Merle. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Samuel Adams New World Tripel. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity