Pineapple Dunn Upside Down was created by homebrewer Jason Dunn and brewed by Stone Brewing for their One Batch Dispatch series. It pours a beautiful dark amber color with some golden highlights. Head is khaki colored, one finger thick and frothy. Phenomenal aroma of pineapple and caramel malt sweetness. This beer is a Wee Heavy or Scotch Ale at its core, but the uniqueness from the pineapple creates an amazing flavor. It’s malt-forward with a rich, velvety mouthfeel. Medium body with a bold 9.5% abv. Some caramel and cane sugar sweetness is certainly present. We thought it was really sweet at first, but after a couple sips, it’s just right. Loads of pineapple flavor make it clear why this is compared to pineapple upside down cake. Bordering on the dessert beer category but not thankfully not there in our opinion, this is a really enjoyable beer and not something you see every day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 8 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pterodactyl. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 2 hours ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity