Color is dark brown with some amber highlights. The head is about one finger thick and light khaki colored, plus it's soft and pillowy and leaves a lot of sticky lacing. Boozy aroma of bourbon, dark fruit, and molasses. Taste is sweet and malty right off the bat. Robust flavors from the bourbon-barrel aging. Oak and whiskey, but there's a lot of brown sugar and molasses-like sweetness that overshadows pretty much everything else. Maybe some butterscotch or caramel. Very warming like bourbon will do to you. Finishes with a lingering sweetness. Overall a nice winter warmer but a bit on the sweet side.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 12 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Seizoen. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Lagoon. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Elevated Perspective (Version 5). 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Field to Ferment - Citra (2017). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity