Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Tropical Mist. 22 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Double Doors. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for 8 Second Kolsch. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Temptation. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 805. 6 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for El Sully. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity