Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Druid Pils South. 2 minutes ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other listened to What's My Name Again?. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Icelandic Lime & Juniper Pils. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to On the Boulevard. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
Incredible Pedal IPA