Rye on Rye on Rye pours a dark reddish Amber with a coarse, thick white head. You can pick up Bourbon right out of the bottle pouring it into your glass. We also picked up some dark cherry notes marked with molasses. The taste is similar, starting with a boozy and bourbon bite followed by lots of fig, dark dried fruits and a thick molasses sweetness to take just a little of the edge off it. The mouthfeel is pretty heavy, but it's also heavily carbonated which makes it dance on your tongue a little like a sour might. Surprisingly enough given its name, the rye is subtle, peeking out and peaking mostly in the aftertaste. It tends to warm your throat a bit, reminding you it's there long after it's gone.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Paranoids Pale Ale. 29 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 listened to L.A.I.P.As. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to California Grab Bag II. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Seattle Show. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Dorado High. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity