Golden Monkey is a very light straw color, somewhat surprising for 9.5%. The head is small but lasts for awhile, and the aroma is fruity and yeasty. Taste is smooth and fruity, like banana and tangerine, with some floral hops. The spices seem to be herbal in nature, mostly coriander. The 9.5% is no joke, but you won't notice the ABV with just one or two of these. Light bodied but mouthfeel is still warming. Finish is semi-sweet with some honey notes, and overall this is a really nice American take on the Belgian Tripel.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Rebel IPA. 45 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Pilsner Urquell. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for La Résistance Sour Ale. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Thirsty Trout Porter. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Filbert. 7 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Double Dose IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity