Golden Monkey is a very light straw color, somewhat surprising for 9.5%. The head is small but lasts for awhile, and the aroma is fruity and yeasty. Taste is smooth and fruity, like banana and tangerine, with some floral hops. The spices seem to be herbal in nature, mostly coriander. The 9.5% is no joke, but you won't notice the ABV with just one or two of these. Light bodied but mouthfeel is still warming. Finish is semi-sweet with some honey notes, and overall this is a really nice American take on the Belgian Tripel.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2018). 8 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Blueberry Boyfriend. 59 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peanut Butter Latte. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lifted Embargo IPA. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to It's a Trappist!. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Blue Love. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Reuben's Mosaic Crush. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Hop Whore Imperial IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity