Golden Monkey is a very light straw color, somewhat surprising for 9.5%. The head is small but lasts for awhile, and the aroma is fruity and yeasty. Taste is smooth and fruity, like banana and tangerine, with some floral hops. The spices seem to be herbal in nature, mostly coriander. The 9.5% is no joke, but you won't notice the ABV with just one or two of these. Light bodied but mouthfeel is still warming. Finish is semi-sweet with some honey notes, and overall this is a really nice American take on the Belgian Tripel.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Capitulation. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Summer Solstice. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jubel 2015. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Naja Imperial Red IPA. 7 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Supplication. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity