Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Amarilla Gorilla IPA. 31 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 1 hour ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Rampant Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Franz. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for StereoHopic IPA Vol. 1. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity