Allagash Black is an interesting twist on the Belgian style. While the pour isn't as dark as its name implies, the chestnut color is dark for a Belgian-style ale. On the aroma it retains many classic Belgian qualities such as the bready yeast, cinnamon and raisin. The taste follows suit except for the one unusual difference: the malts are dark and roasted with a slightly smoky quality. This isn't enough to move the beer into the stout category, but it does lend it some stout qualities.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Rio Blanco Pale Ale. 15 minutes ago
- HankW commented on beer Hooter Brown Ale. 27 minutes ago
- HankW uploaded a photo for beer Hooter Brown Ale. 58 minutes ago
- HankW added a rating for Hooter Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning listened to DIPA Thoughts. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Back to Wort!. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Stouting Match. 3 hours ago
- More Latest Activity