Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pterodactyl. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 2 hours ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity