Brewery:Odell Brewing Company
Fort Collins, CO
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
This Mountain Standard is a Barrel Aged Double Black IPA. It pours a dark brown color with one finger of creamy, tan colored head. Intense aroma that you can pick up on well before putting the glass up to your nose. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, and piney hops. Smells like a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, but this is an IPA right? Taste is rich and bold. Malty like a dark beer, but still hoppy like an IPA. Hops flavors are earthy and piney. The barrel aging adds a bit of oak flavor and bourbon smoothness to the mouthfeel. Sweet, milk chocolate in the finish, coupled with a slight citrus bitterness. High quality and clearly a style that you can't get very often. This is a nice sipper and one that will keep IPA fans satisfied in the winter months.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Drake's Black Robusto Porter. 16 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Station 101. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Sparkle Muffin. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for General Sherman IPA - Double Dry Hopped. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Brix Layer. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Citraholic. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Fort Point (Mosaic Dry Hopped). 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Can't Stop Juicin'
For Science 3.5
Leave a Comment: