Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for MoZee (Zeelander with Mosaic). 46 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Big Little Thing. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Magnetic Midnight. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for La Fin Du Monde. 2 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Kabru West Coast IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity