Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 and 1 other listened to Some Pumpkins. 41 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Mastodon. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Once Upon a Time in Blenheim. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Colonel Toby. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Desperado IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Blueberry Thrill Imperial IPA. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Fueled by Gravity. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Station 101. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity