Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Love Child No. 9. 19 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wrought Iron IPA. 53 minutes ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for podcast Summer Beers 2022. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Farthingale. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Branches. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Narwhal Imperial Stout. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Field to Ferment - Centennial & Simcoe (2019). 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity