Orval pours a medium amber color, non-transparent. There’s a solid, two finger thick, off-white soapy head. But it thins pretty quickly and is a beer without much head retention. The aroma is well balanced among yeast, hops, fruit, and spice. With the taste, we get some oaky flavors and Belgian yeast right off the bat, followed by floral hops and fruit. Fig, raisin, banana and pear. But it’s not heavy on the fruit flavors. Bready, doughy malts with a mild sweetness. The spice flavor seems like clove and nutmeg. Medium body with ample carbonation. But what’s key to this beer is that all of the flavors are equal and in moderation, creating a beer that is complex and rewarding. An excellent Trappist Ale – cheers to Orval Day!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Boss Pour. 18 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Simtra Triple IPA. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Bonkers. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Two Hearted Ale. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Side Hike. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity