Orval pours a medium amber color, non-transparent. There’s a solid, two finger thick, off-white soapy head. But it thins pretty quickly and is a beer without much head retention. The aroma is well balanced among yeast, hops, fruit, and spice. With the taste, we get some oaky flavors and Belgian yeast right off the bat, followed by floral hops and fruit. Fig, raisin, banana and pear. But it’s not heavy on the fruit flavors. Bready, doughy malts with a mild sweetness. The spice flavor seems like clove and nutmeg. Medium body with ample carbonation. But what’s key to this beer is that all of the flavors are equal and in moderation, creating a beer that is complex and rewarding. An excellent Trappist Ale – cheers to Orval Day!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Welcome to LA. 14 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2019). 49 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cross of Gold. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 2 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer 4th of Juicy. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for 4th of Juicy. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Windows Up. 3 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Cloud Surfer. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity