Orval pours a medium amber color, non-transparent. There’s a solid, two finger thick, off-white soapy head. But it thins pretty quickly and is a beer without much head retention. The aroma is well balanced among yeast, hops, fruit, and spice. With the taste, we get some oaky flavors and Belgian yeast right off the bat, followed by floral hops and fruit. Fig, raisin, banana and pear. But it’s not heavy on the fruit flavors. Bready, doughy malts with a mild sweetness. The spice flavor seems like clove and nutmeg. Medium body with ample carbonation. But what’s key to this beer is that all of the flavors are equal and in moderation, creating a beer that is complex and rewarding. An excellent Trappist Ale – cheers to Orval Day!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Atomically. 41 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Spaten Pils. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Beer Geek Breakfast Stout with Coffee. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity