Orval pours a medium amber color, non-transparent. There’s a solid, two finger thick, off-white soapy head. But it thins pretty quickly and is a beer without much head retention. The aroma is well balanced among yeast, hops, fruit, and spice. With the taste, we get some oaky flavors and Belgian yeast right off the bat, followed by floral hops and fruit. Fig, raisin, banana and pear. But it’s not heavy on the fruit flavors. Bready, doughy malts with a mild sweetness. The spice flavor seems like clove and nutmeg. Medium body with ample carbonation. But what’s key to this beer is that all of the flavors are equal and in moderation, creating a beer that is complex and rewarding. An excellent Trappist Ale – cheers to Orval Day!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 53 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity