Unholy Trippel pours a mostly transparent gold color with a sizeable creamy white head that leaves lacing all over the glass. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy for the style. Up front the flavor has traditional Belgian yeast and fruit esters, and some malty, honey sweetness. But the hop flavor seems to really stand out, with a combination of floral, citrus, and spicy hop notes. Light bodied with a shocking 9.2% ABV. Mouthfeel is smooth and nicely carbonated. Ample bitterness appears in the finish. Not your typical Trippel, this could even be considered a Belgian IPA and it's nice to taste the experimentation coming from this brewery.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 9 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Red, White, and Peach. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Milk Stout Nitro. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Juicebox Series - Peach Berliner Weisse. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity