Welcome to LA commemorates the opening of Firestone's Taproom in Marina Del Ray. This beer attempts to meld qualities of two of the most popular beer styles: the drink-ability and low-ABV of the lager with the hops and flavor of the IPA. Welcome to LA does a pretty good job of that. It pours a pale golden color with a slim white head and an abundance of carbonation. The aroma pairs pine and citrus hops with a smooth bready malt quality. The flavor features a cracker-like malt base with some spicy English-like hops in the aftertaste. The "hoppy lager" is a style of beer which started to show some prominence a few years ago and then seemed to die down a bit. But there are so many good qualities to this beer, it would definitely be nice to see more of this style of beer in the future.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 6 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Accumulated Knowledge. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Green Coyote Tomatillo Sour. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Lava Smoked Imperial Porter. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to Fruit and Milk. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity