Tart of Darkness is certainly dark and tart, yet so much more. It pours a hazy, dark brown color with some red highlights around the edges and a thin tan head. The aroma consists of bourbon-soaked cherries, figs and oak. On the initial sip, sour cherry is the dominant flavor. The high degree of sourness is then balanced by the dark roasted malt stout characteristics. In the aftertaste, the flavor shifts to sweet cherry but is immediately countered by an oaky smokiness. This is an incredibly complex yet balanced beer at every stage of the experience and an excellent offering from The Bruery Terreux.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Universal Secret. 22 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Wolf Mother Triple IPA. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to San Diego Part 1. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 805 Cerveza. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to White Night. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity