Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to Christmas Show 2018. 55 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pistachio Cream Ale. 58 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for God Complex Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Cascade Blueberry 2013 Project. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Hopitoulas IPA. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Rare Form (Barrel Aged). 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Racer 5 IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity