Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to Back to the Brews. 23 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Bourbon Barrel Aged Coconut Stout. 1 hour ago
- CoachBrobb890 and 1 other added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2020). 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Morning Star. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to San Diego Part 1. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 and 1 other added a rating for Sudwerk Fest Harvest Lager. 5 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Sactown Brews. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity