Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Galaxy & Comet. 7 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lot No. 3 IPA. 43 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Olympia Beer. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to LA LA Land. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Alaskan Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity