Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to From the Archives Part 1. 8 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Mama's Little Yella Pils. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Help Yourself Batch 2. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Perpetual Haze. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Zaftig Wee Heavy. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Sam Adams Pumpkin Batch. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity