Old Guardian pours a dark amber color with a very sweet sugar smell with some brown sugar and molasses notes. As you would expect from a barley wine, it is low carbonation, thick and syrupy, and has a heavy mouthfeel. It has a bready malt flavor with hints of sweet caramel, toffee and a warming sensation as it goes down. There are more hops in the aftertaste than is generally found in this style. This is a beer that serious barley wine fans will enjoy. You could definitely keep this around for a few years and have a different experience.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 37 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lustro. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 listened to Summertime Brews. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for 120 Minute IPA. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to Pelican. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Trellis Buster. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Summer Love Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Rod Rye. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity