Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 22 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Barrel Project: Mango Sour Ale. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Karate Chimp. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Summer Beers 2022. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hexagenia IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for To The Trees. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity