Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 46 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Tea Weiss. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lizard People. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for White Sand Imperial IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Beers Up North. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Love Child No. 5. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Got Damn. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity