Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to San Diego Part 1. 25 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Strictly For My Grind. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Boat Drink. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Metaphase. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Low and Slow. 6 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other added a rating for Naja Imperial Red IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity