Blackberry Barleywine is a reddish amber color with a perceived purplish hue that may or may not actually exist. It's thin, wispy head dissipates quickly. It has a dark fruit aroma with only a touch of blackberry. Flavors consists of bready malts up front with a bouquet of strong fruit flavors including cherry, plums and blueberry. The taste starts off fruity and bold in the beginning, then smooth and sweet in the finish. The blackberry flavor exists mainly as a tartness in the aftertaste as the thick beer coats your mouth. There is quite a bit of booziness, as a barleywine should, but there is very little kick. An oaky quality and the strong fruit flavors keep this a drinkable and very accessible barleywine.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Enjoy By 04.20.21 Hazy IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Oktoberfestivus. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dragging Anchors. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for La Morena. 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Puesta del Sol. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity