Aptly named, Black Robusto pours pitch black and doesn't let any light in. The thin cream head barely laces and fades. On the nose it's dark chocolatey with a touch of amaretto and a pleasant boozy bite. Taste is simple but well done - the dark roasted malts shine, paired with a very slight hopped backbone that work well together. The texture is interesting - it's smooth and slightly thin but the bold roastiness balances really well. It's a little amped up for a porter in the alcohol department, but it's robust and enjoyable so no complaints at all.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Tanilla Porter. 39 minutes ago
- spaceman23 listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Christmas Special. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Scorpius Morchella. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Operation IPA Overload. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Pistil. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity