Aptly named, Black Robusto pours pitch black and doesn't let any light in. The thin cream head barely laces and fades. On the nose it's dark chocolatey with a touch of amaretto and a pleasant boozy bite. Taste is simple but well done - the dark roasted malts shine, paired with a very slight hopped backbone that work well together. The texture is interesting - it's smooth and slightly thin but the bold roastiness balances really well. It's a little amped up for a porter in the alcohol department, but it's robust and enjoyable so no complaints at all.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to California Grab Bag. 57 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Belligerent Bloke. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Epic Barley Wine. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Son of Juice. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Founders Centennial IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Stouterday Night Live. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity