Aptly named, Black Robusto pours pitch black and doesn't let any light in. The thin cream head barely laces and fades. On the nose it's dark chocolatey with a touch of amaretto and a pleasant boozy bite. Taste is simple but well done - the dark roasted malts shine, paired with a very slight hopped backbone that work well together. The texture is interesting - it's smooth and slightly thin but the bold roastiness balances really well. It's a little amped up for a porter in the alcohol department, but it's robust and enjoyable so no complaints at all.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 20 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to It's a Trappist!. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The Sister. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Avery Twenty Three Anniversary. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Southern Woodpile Foeder Bier. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 and 1 other added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Fresh Out the Oven v6. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity