Aptly named, Black Robusto pours pitch black and doesn't let any light in. The thin cream head barely laces and fades. On the nose it's dark chocolatey with a touch of amaretto and a pleasant boozy bite. Taste is simple but well done - the dark roasted malts shine, paired with a very slight hopped backbone that work well together. The texture is interesting - it's smooth and slightly thin but the bold roastiness balances really well. It's a little amped up for a porter in the alcohol department, but it's robust and enjoyable so no complaints at all.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 19 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to San Diego Part 2. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Biere de Mars. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Chocolate Covered Pretzel Stout. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Slide Rule Chocolate Raspberry Gose. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Tenured Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity