Aptly named, Black Robusto pours pitch black and doesn't let any light in. The thin cream head barely laces and fades. On the nose it's dark chocolatey with a touch of amaretto and a pleasant boozy bite. Taste is simple but well done - the dark roasted malts shine, paired with a very slight hopped backbone that work well together. The texture is interesting - it's smooth and slightly thin but the bold roastiness balances really well. It's a little amped up for a porter in the alcohol department, but it's robust and enjoyable so no complaints at all.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Gyroscope. 18 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Firestone Velvet Mocha Merlin. 56 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Samuel Adams Honey Queen. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Happy Hops. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to California Grab Bag II. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 and 1 other listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 5 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Smithwick's Red Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity