Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Auto Shop West Coast Double IPA. 10 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dark Island. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stone, Cold. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Relay IPA. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Red, White, and Peach. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning and 1 other listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity