Smashed Blueberry is a pretty universally appealing beer. A porter/scotch ale hybrid sounds strange at first but it's so... right. Pouring a dark brown to almost black, it builds significant white head that's gone quickly. There's no other way to describe the aroma other than it smells like fresh blueberries. You'd think with such a dominant aroma that the taste would follow, but it's surprisingly complex marked by chocolate with dark malts. It's medium bodied but does not taste heavy - it's fairly crisp and has a faint sweetness paired with the slight tartness of blueberries. It finishes with somewhat of a hop bitterness which partners well to take away any boozy undertones. For such a heavy hitting beer, it's light on its feet and delicious.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Tax Holiday (Port Barrel Aged). 40 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Celebration Ale (2019). 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Betty IPA. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Chau Tien Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity