Links:Zywiec Brewery Website
Rating:What did you think of it? Never Tried It
Zywiec Porter pours mahogany to black, letting no light in, with a thin tan head. The aroma is malty with a little molasses and a faint undertone of coffee that's nearly indistinguishable. It's a different tasting porter than most, especially when it's cold. At first it seems crisp, with a faint lagery yeast that's mostly masked by roasty malt. If you let it warm, it really opens up into a malty smooth porter with balanced molasses and dark roasty tones that play nicely on your tongue. It sits pretty heavy in your mouth and when warmer, you can get a boozy bite on the finish that's pretty pleasant. At 9.5%, it's nothing to scoff at, but the alcohol is hidden well especially when it's cold. If you're into porters, try this one out for the uniqueness of it, as they've been brewing this one from the same recipe since 1881.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 listened to It's a Trappist!. 22 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Noche Dulce. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Bonkers. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Beard Tax. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Bourbon Barrel Aged Coconut Stout. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Summer Beers 2022
Wild Little Thing
Cup of Gold
Mike4Gail Aug 5, 2017 at 5:22PMThis is the best, i.e. tastiest, fullest dark beer since I tried Lagunitas' Russian Stout. And THAT one got a 9 out of 10. And 1881's flavor and foamy head will last at least a week if the bottle is closed well.
Ukrainia904 Feb 28, 2021 at 8:59PMMy favorite beer on the world!
Gregor Aug 28, 2021 at 6:04PMLove it! I clear the shelf at Total Wines every time they re-stock it….
Leave a Comment: