Zywiec Porter pours mahogany to black, letting no light in, with a thin tan head. The aroma is malty with a little molasses and a faint undertone of coffee that's nearly indistinguishable. It's a different tasting porter than most, especially when it's cold. At first it seems crisp, with a faint lagery yeast that's mostly masked by roasty malt. If you let it warm, it really opens up into a malty smooth porter with balanced molasses and dark roasty tones that play nicely on your tongue. It sits pretty heavy in your mouth and when warmer, you can get a boozy bite on the finish that's pretty pleasant. At 9.5%, it's nothing to scoff at, but the alcohol is hidden well especially when it's cold. If you're into porters, try this one out for the uniqueness of it, as they've been brewing this one from the same recipe since 1881.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming and 1 other listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 49 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for DDH Thrillseeker IPA. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Seafarer Kolsch. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Hoppy Danksgiving!. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Snowdrift Vanilla Porter. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to On the Boulevard. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity