Pours a cloudy burnt orange with thin white head that recedes to a thin but full layer over the glass. Laces beautifully. Aroma is almost all oak barrel. Taste is complex and dry, but there is a plum fruitiness and depth with rye and bourbon. Not much sweetness but it's not needed, it's balanced and tart with a Belgian yeast coming in towards the end to make it bready, almost like toast with jelly on top. Mouth feel is medium to heavy with medium carbonation. It finishes with that slight alcohol warmth. For all the alcohol flavor we can taste it honestly doesn't seem like a 10.5% beer. It's smooth and balanced, hiding the alcohol content well.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Chonk - Tropical Berry Blast Sundae Sour. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Rve Coffee Stout - Mocha Hazelnut . 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Founders. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Derivative: El Dorado. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 7 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 2nd Shift Brewing Kolsch. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity