KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)
Cheers to National Beer Day! One of the finest around, Kentucky Breakfast Stout pours pitch black with a thick brown head. The head is creamy but recedes to a nice film, leaving lots of lacing on the glass. Strong aroma of coffee, vanilla, and oak. On the taste, we get a long list of flavors including coffee, vanilla, milk chocolate, cacao nibs, raisins, and dark cherries. Mouthfeel is sticky and velvety, and overall feel is extremely smooth for how fresh this is. The flavors get more intense as it warms. Not at all boozy, as you can hardly taste the 12.3%. But there are sweet bourbon notes that sneak in on the back-end as the coffee and chocolate let up. Always lots of hype and this beer does not disappoint!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2020). 12 minutes ago
- budman1 and 1 other listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 34 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Enjoy by 4.20 IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for ChocoLatte. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Fort Point (Mosaic Dry Hopped). 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Sour Power Hour. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to The Sierra Nevada Show. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity