This coconut rye stout pours a very dark brown, almost black color, with a tan head that is both filmy and bubbly. Amazing aroma of coconut and robust caramel malt. Taste follows the nose, with coconut, coffee, and chocolate all very present. A bit of cream and vanilla and it all wraps up with a spicy bite on the finish from the rye. Complex flavors yet very well balanced from start to finish. Medium body with smooth carbonation. Overall an excellent beer: like a liquid Almond Joy or Mounds bar but still with the beer flavor. You have to like coconut, but as long as you do, this is an excellent beer for this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 4 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Racer 5 IPA. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Romeo & Julius. 1 hour ago
- plarson listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Mayberry IPA. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Citra Flash Mob. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 and 1 other listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity