This coconut rye stout pours a very dark brown, almost black color, with a tan head that is both filmy and bubbly. Amazing aroma of coconut and robust caramel malt. Taste follows the nose, with coconut, coffee, and chocolate all very present. A bit of cream and vanilla and it all wraps up with a spicy bite on the finish from the rye. Complex flavors yet very well balanced from start to finish. Medium body with smooth carbonation. Overall an excellent beer: like a liquid Almond Joy or Mounds bar but still with the beer flavor. You have to like coconut, but as long as you do, this is an excellent beer for this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- HankW added a rating for Hooter Brown Ale. Less than a minute ago.
- CoorsLightning listened to DIPA Thoughts. 5 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for I Love It! California IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Get Back to Wort!. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Kitty Kat Blues. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity