This coconut rye stout pours a very dark brown, almost black color, with a tan head that is both filmy and bubbly. Amazing aroma of coconut and robust caramel malt. Taste follows the nose, with coconut, coffee, and chocolate all very present. A bit of cream and vanilla and it all wraps up with a spicy bite on the finish from the rye. Complex flavors yet very well balanced from start to finish. Medium body with smooth carbonation. Overall an excellent beer: like a liquid Almond Joy or Mounds bar but still with the beer flavor. You have to like coconut, but as long as you do, this is an excellent beer for this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Venture Maine IPA. 8 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 6. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Fields of Green: Crosby Comet. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Pay it Forward Cocoa Porter. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Old Chub Scotch Ale. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Joe IPA. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Black Noise. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Congress Street IPA
From The Heart