This coconut rye stout pours a very dark brown, almost black color, with a tan head that is both filmy and bubbly. Amazing aroma of coconut and robust caramel malt. Taste follows the nose, with coconut, coffee, and chocolate all very present. A bit of cream and vanilla and it all wraps up with a spicy bite on the finish from the rye. Complex flavors yet very well balanced from start to finish. Medium body with smooth carbonation. Overall an excellent beer: like a liquid Almond Joy or Mounds bar but still with the beer flavor. You have to like coconut, but as long as you do, this is an excellent beer for this style.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Vice Blackberry Peach. 54 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Karate Chimp. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Red, White, and Peach. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Three Dogfish Night Joy to the World. 4 hours ago
- tallamena added a rating for Avery Twenty Three Anniversary. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Hennepin. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for The Penske File. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity