Color is jet black with a finger of creamy, khaki colored head. Lots of sticky lacing on the glass. Aroma of roasted malt, coffee, and dark chocolate. Taste is a tad boozy right off the bat, with the 11.7% not shying away. The booziness does seem to die down as the beer warms. Robust flavors of chocolate, coffee, vanilla extract, and dark malt. Nice milky lactose and sweet maple syrup from the barrels. Pretty sweet but not quite to the extent of some "dessert beers." Mouthfeel is silky, velvety and creamy. The barrel aging is noticeable, but there's more chocolate than bourbon flavors. You could even think of this as chocolate chip cookies melted into liquid form. Another beer with a lot of hype and this one definitely lives up to it! Incredible!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to Operation IPA Overload. 1 minute ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Wookey Jack. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Blueberry Velvet. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Firestone Pivo Hoppy Pils. 3 hours ago
- Stevezubar added a rating for Spencer Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Icelandic White Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lily Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity