Color is jet black with a finger of creamy, khaki colored head. Lots of sticky lacing on the glass. Aroma of roasted malt, coffee, and dark chocolate. Taste is a tad boozy right off the bat, with the 11.7% not shying away. The booziness does seem to die down as the beer warms. Robust flavors of chocolate, coffee, vanilla extract, and dark malt. Nice milky lactose and sweet maple syrup from the barrels. Pretty sweet but not quite to the extent of some "dessert beers." Mouthfeel is silky, velvety and creamy. The barrel aging is noticeable, but there's more chocolate than bourbon flavors. You could even think of this as chocolate chip cookies melted into liquid form. Another beer with a lot of hype and this one definitely lives up to it! Incredible!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Cranberry Quince Berliner Weisse. 59 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Nova Vert. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Cloud Curtain - Mosaic. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for The Cryo-Chronic IPA. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Big Sur Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Wookie Down Imperial Red Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity