Color is reddish amber, non-transparent, with two fingers of white, bubbly head. It fades just a bit, then lingers for some time with a lot of lacing on the glass. Amazing aroma of strawberries and wood barrels. Definitely some funk going on here and a high amount of tartness with the first sip. Strong and sharp, with plenty of those barnyard, wet horse blanket notes. You can clearly detect the woody, barrel-aging flavors. Then we get the strawberries which are more tart than sweet, and nicely complement the yeast and an underlying maltiness. Mouthfeel is crisp and dry, with lively carbonation. Only 5.3% ABV, but this packs a ton of flavor and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 43 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Blind Ambition - Alchemic Ale Series. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for 5 O'Clock Pils. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Double Doors. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oskar Blues IPA. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Imperial Frambozen with Cocoa. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity