Color is reddish amber, non-transparent, with two fingers of white, bubbly head. It fades just a bit, then lingers for some time with a lot of lacing on the glass. Amazing aroma of strawberries and wood barrels. Definitely some funk going on here and a high amount of tartness with the first sip. Strong and sharp, with plenty of those barnyard, wet horse blanket notes. You can clearly detect the woody, barrel-aging flavors. Then we get the strawberries which are more tart than sweet, and nicely complement the yeast and an underlying maltiness. Mouthfeel is crisp and dry, with lively carbonation. Only 5.3% ABV, but this packs a ton of flavor and complexity.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 55 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Sam Adams Boston Lager. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Landline. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Hidden Grotto. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Juice Press. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 6 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity