Oaktown pours a deep mahogany with a khaki head. Lacing sticks the the glass pretty well, and visible sediment collects at the bottom. Fine bubbles all over but you have to look for them carefully. The aroma is dominated by oak, leather, and a little brewed coffee. First couple sips are surprisingly acidic. Taste evolves into mocha, coffee, toasted malts, and a nice rounded woodiness. There's also a fair amount of bitterness on the finish, and it ends dry. Mouthfeel is medium, carbonation is bitey.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Deep Search Baltic Porter. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Birra Nursia Extra Abbey Ale. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Levadura. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Trappistes Rochefort 10. 6 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Odell IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity