Oaktown pours a deep mahogany with a khaki head. Lacing sticks the the glass pretty well, and visible sediment collects at the bottom. Fine bubbles all over but you have to look for them carefully. The aroma is dominated by oak, leather, and a little brewed coffee. First couple sips are surprisingly acidic. Taste evolves into mocha, coffee, toasted malts, and a nice rounded woodiness. There's also a fair amount of bitterness on the finish, and it ends dry. Mouthfeel is medium, carbonation is bitey.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to California Grab Bag. 54 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Belligerent Bloke. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Epic Barley Wine. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Son of Juice. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Founders Centennial IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Stouterday Night Live. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity