This beer pours dark as night and lets barely a sliver of light through. Popping the cap led to an absolute eruption of coarse, dark mocha colored head that filled the entire pint glass and just would not dissipate. The aroma is rich, with malty sweetness and toasted nuts hitting your nostrils followed by a mild leather smell that's pretty amazing. The mouthful is medium and pleasantly creamy, not too heavy. Roasted malts and milk chocolate are up front on the first sip with a minimal sweetness that balances the slight bitterness perfectly. It finishes crisply with a mild nuttiness that rounds out a great tasting porter.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Bear Black Stout. 35 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 300. 1 hour ago
- lauralane listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to A Little Bit of Everything. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Really Old Brown Dog Ale (2012). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity