Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 4 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Silver Lake Saison. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to New Glory Days. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Champs de Fraises. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity