Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Alleycat Amber Ale. 9 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 53 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity