Like a lot of Ballast Point porters and stouts, Mocha Marlin pours dark, dark brown barely letting any light through, with a thick, tan head that's coarse and bubbly. Aroma is of chocolate and coffee, and faintly wafts some malts. Up front there's a bittersweet dark chocolate taste that is somewhat dry, making the bitterness linger on. Coffee flavor is bold and packs a punch that quickly turns to an acrid burned coffee taste. The roasty malts are somewhat back burnered by the wallop of bitter, bakers chocolate. It's thin to medium bodied, with plenty of carbonation.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 21 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity