Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty - both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn't overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 5 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Fields of Green: Crosby Comet. 45 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Universal Secret. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Wolf Mother Triple IPA. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to San Diego Part 1. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 805 Cerveza. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity