Aphotic pours nearly black in color with a thin, creamy, dark tan head. Intense aroma of coffee and dark malt. Flavor is superb with roasted malt, espresso, and vanilla as the standouts. All rich flavors with a velvety mouthfeel and creamy texture. Caramel malt and milk chocolate sweetness show up a bit later. Hops are earthy or floral, but are reserved when compared to all of the robust malt flavors. The 9.3% is hidden well. Full bodied with nice viscosity, especially for a porter. Sweet in the finish, but not quite a dessert beer, which we appreciate. Overall a really wonderful imperial porter that we would highly recommend.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Lily Ale. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Between You & I. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Little Blue Penguin. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Brewery Ommegang Brut IPA. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for All Together. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for 3-Way IPA 2020. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Petty. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Green City. 3 hours ago
- More Latest Activity