This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for IPA 395. 7 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Bohemian Hopsody. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Sierra Nevada / Boulevard Terra Incognita. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Station 101. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for God Complex Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Alaskan Winter Ale. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Indian Brown Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity