This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Amarilla Gorilla IPA. 32 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Berry the Hatchet. 1 hour ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Rampant Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Hoptologist DIPA. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Franz. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for StereoHopic IPA Vol. 1. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity