120 Minute IPA
The 120 Minute IPA is an orangish copper color with some cloudiness. The smell consists of sweet caramel malts, piney hops, and a touch of grapefruit. Although there are more hops in this beer than most others, the hops do not overwhelm. Hidden underneath the hops and the high alcohol is a nice caramel maltiness which is the highlight of this beer. The mouthfeel is syrupy and the beer is thick, which comes with the territory in beers this high in alcohol. You also lose nearly all the carbonation. These two aspects move the 120 Minute into a different style from the 90 Minute and you end up losing the some of the qualities of a traditional IPA that IPA-drinkers enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 7 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 55 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity