120 Minute IPA
The 120 Minute IPA is an orangish copper color with some cloudiness. The smell consists of sweet caramel malts, piney hops, and a touch of grapefruit. Although there are more hops in this beer than most others, the hops do not overwhelm. Hidden underneath the hops and the high alcohol is a nice caramel maltiness which is the highlight of this beer. The mouthfeel is syrupy and the beer is thick, which comes with the territory in beers this high in alcohol. You also lose nearly all the carbonation. These two aspects move the 120 Minute into a different style from the 90 Minute and you end up losing the some of the qualities of a traditional IPA that IPA-drinkers enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Pollyannabanana commented on beer Thirsty Frog Red Ale. 18 minutes ago
- jbcurtis and 1 other added a rating for Angelica. 1 hour ago
- IPAman listened to Christmas Show 2018. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Purple Haze. 2 hours ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Infinite Wishes 2017. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Amarilla Gorilla IPA. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Citrus Wheat Beer. 4 hours ago
- plarson listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity