120 Minute IPA
The 120 Minute IPA is an orangish copper color with some cloudiness. The smell consists of sweet caramel malts, piney hops, and a touch of grapefruit. Although there are more hops in this beer than most others, the hops do not overwhelm. Hidden underneath the hops and the high alcohol is a nice caramel maltiness which is the highlight of this beer. The mouthfeel is syrupy and the beer is thick, which comes with the territory in beers this high in alcohol. You also lose nearly all the carbonation. These two aspects move the 120 Minute into a different style from the 90 Minute and you end up losing the some of the qualities of a traditional IPA that IPA-drinkers enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Smithwick's Red Ale. 5 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Azacca IPA. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for American Beauty. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Bitter Oats. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Whirlpool. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Avalon. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity