120 Minute IPA
The 120 Minute IPA is an orangish copper color with some cloudiness. The smell consists of sweet caramel malts, piney hops, and a touch of grapefruit. Although there are more hops in this beer than most others, the hops do not overwhelm. Hidden underneath the hops and the high alcohol is a nice caramel maltiness which is the highlight of this beer. The mouthfeel is syrupy and the beer is thick, which comes with the territory in beers this high in alcohol. You also lose nearly all the carbonation. These two aspects move the 120 Minute into a different style from the 90 Minute and you end up losing the some of the qualities of a traditional IPA that IPA-drinkers enjoy.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 7 minutes ago
- ghost74 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 2 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Deftones Phantom Bride IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Resilience Butte County Proud IPA. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller commented on beer Belhaven. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity