Oaked Category 5 pours a pale amber color that is not entirely clear, but becomes more transparent as the sediment settles down. The head is two fingers, off-white, and foamy. Pleasant aroma of citrus and pine. Taste has the same citrus and piney hops that we got in the aroma. Bready malts with a caramel sweetness balance things out, and the oak adds an interesting woody and earthy tone. Light bodied with a thin mouthfeel. There's an accumulating bitterness that we didn't detect at first, but comes on pretty strong in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Doogie Bowser. 33 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Black Rajah. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 7 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Red Glove. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity