Oaked Category 5 pours a pale amber color that is not entirely clear, but becomes more transparent as the sediment settles down. The head is two fingers, off-white, and foamy. Pleasant aroma of citrus and pine. Taste has the same citrus and piney hops that we got in the aroma. Bready malts with a caramel sweetness balance things out, and the oak adds an interesting woody and earthy tone. Light bodied with a thin mouthfeel. There's an accumulating bitterness that we didn't detect at first, but comes on pretty strong in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 48 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Saint Archer Blonde Ale. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to New Glory Days. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Champs de Fraises. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Brandy Barrel-Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Corona Premier. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity