Oaked Category 5 pours a pale amber color that is not entirely clear, but becomes more transparent as the sediment settles down. The head is two fingers, off-white, and foamy. Pleasant aroma of citrus and pine. Taste has the same citrus and piney hops that we got in the aroma. Bready malts with a caramel sweetness balance things out, and the oak adds an interesting woody and earthy tone. Light bodied with a thin mouthfeel. There's an accumulating bitterness that we didn't detect at first, but comes on pretty strong in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Son of Juice. 11 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 57 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Sam Adams Pumpkin Batch. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Killer Lion Fresh Hop IPA. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Noche Dulce. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Pulling Nails Blend #6. 5 hours ago
- lposada listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity