Kernza Pils is brewed by Dogfish Head in collaboration with Patagonia and features a new grain called Kernza. This is a perennial grain that benefits our ecosystem by building healthy topsoil, protecting against erosion, and drawing carbon down below the earth's surface. The beer pours a very clear, golden straw color with one finger of white, soapy head. There’s a steady flow of carbonation bubbles from the bottom of the glass to the top. Aroma is hoppy with grain in the background. Taste is quite good, with the grain up front, bringing flavors of soft crackers and fresh doughy bread. Minimal sweetness. We get a nice wave of hops, mostly of the grassy and floral nature. There is a solid amount of both pepper spice and hoppy bitterness on the finish, more than typical for this style. Body is light to medium, with a crisp, refreshing mouthfeel. Now you can drink tasty beer and help the environment at the same time.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Oude Geuze. 10 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to California Grab Bag. 45 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Mogli. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Dubbel Czech. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for The Experiment - Batch #1. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Operation IPA Overload. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Billie Cantaloupe Gose. 6 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Newcastle. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity