Kernza Pils is brewed by Dogfish Head in collaboration with Patagonia and features a new grain called Kernza. This is a perennial grain that benefits our ecosystem by building healthy topsoil, protecting against erosion, and drawing carbon down below the earth's surface. The beer pours a very clear, golden straw color with one finger of white, soapy head. There’s a steady flow of carbonation bubbles from the bottom of the glass to the top. Aroma is hoppy with grain in the background. Taste is quite good, with the grain up front, bringing flavors of soft crackers and fresh doughy bread. Minimal sweetness. We get a nice wave of hops, mostly of the grassy and floral nature. There is a solid amount of both pepper spice and hoppy bitterness on the finish, more than typical for this style. Body is light to medium, with a crisp, refreshing mouthfeel. Now you can drink tasty beer and help the environment at the same time.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Panic IPA. 53 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Toaster Pastry. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Philbert. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lupulin Orbit. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Fruit and Milk. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for LHazy River. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Stars Align. 7 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Tropic Haze IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity