Umami Monster pours a light brown or dark copper color and is eerily opaque for a beer this light in color. Does a monster lurk inside? The aroma is reserved with a slight amount of molasses and soy beans. The taste is right inline with the smell featuring flavors of soy sauce and brown sugar, with a mild mackerel fishiness and a sea weed aftertaste. A slight amount of salt, smoke and a ginger spiciness in the finish give this beer a unique, savory quality. There is no monster lurking in the deep recesses. As strange as this beer sounds, Umami Monster manages to stay completely drinkable; a Japanese restaurant in a glass.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 48 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Identity Crisis. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hang 'em High. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Birra Moretti La Rossa. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Seattle Show. 5 hours ago
- Alexa and 1 other added a rating for Rooster's Cream Ale. 6 hours ago
- IPAman listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity