Death from Above pours a dark amber color, fairly cloudy, with high levels of carbonation. The head on this beer is enormous, five fingers of bubble-bath consistency. The aroma consists of slight mango and citrus notes. On the initial sip, the chilis come through, but unlike many chili beers, the heat doesn't linger through to the aftertaste. Mango is the prevailing flavor, but it is an IPA at heart with a graham cracker malt base with a mild hop profile. The mint comes through on the aftertaste giving it a cool, spearmint finish. The mouthfeel is powdery and dry with fizzy, soda-like carbonation. All-in-all this ends up being a very drinkable beer despite having a lot of unusual components.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer and 1 other added a rating for Glitter & Gold. Less than a minute ago.
- Vette432 added a rating for Killian's Irish Red. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Bourbon Barrel Aged Time Traveller (2017). 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Prost Y'all - Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Ode etta Sahti. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for ber Affengeil. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Hop Streaker. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Beard Tax. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity