Death from Above pours a dark amber color, fairly cloudy, with high levels of carbonation. The head on this beer is enormous, five fingers of bubble-bath consistency. The aroma consists of slight mango and citrus notes. On the initial sip, the chilis come through, but unlike many chili beers, the heat doesn't linger through to the aftertaste. Mango is the prevailing flavor, but it is an IPA at heart with a graham cracker malt base with a mild hop profile. The mint comes through on the aftertaste giving it a cool, spearmint finish. The mouthfeel is powdery and dry with fizzy, soda-like carbonation. All-in-all this ends up being a very drinkable beer despite having a lot of unusual components.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Welcome to LA. 51 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2019). 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Cross of Gold. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 3 hours ago
- dheliker uploaded a photo for beer 4th of Juicy. 3 hours ago
- dheliker added a rating for 4th of Juicy. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Windows Up. 4 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Cloud Surfer. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity