Death from Above pours a dark amber color, fairly cloudy, with high levels of carbonation. The head on this beer is enormous, five fingers of bubble-bath consistency. The aroma consists of slight mango and citrus notes. On the initial sip, the chilis come through, but unlike many chili beers, the heat doesn't linger through to the aftertaste. Mango is the prevailing flavor, but it is an IPA at heart with a graham cracker malt base with a mild hop profile. The mint comes through on the aftertaste giving it a cool, spearmint finish. The mouthfeel is powdery and dry with fizzy, soda-like carbonation. All-in-all this ends up being a very drinkable beer despite having a lot of unusual components.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 31 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Lizard's Mouth Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Flying Fish XPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Shepplekofeggan. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity