Tovarish is a Russian Imperial Stout with a color that is dark brown, bordering on black with a half finger of creamy, dark khaki head that thins to a nice film. Intense malt aroma with coffee and dark chocolate. Similar taste, with bold flavors of dark, roasted malt, espresso, vanilla, molasses, and dark chocolate or Mexican chocolate. There's a dark fruit flavor, like chocolate covered strawberries or cherries. Not particularly sweet or bitter - just the right amount of each. Full bodied with a slick, syrupy mouthfeel. Dangerously drinkable for 11.2%. We aged this an additional two years (bottled 12/12/2016) and we're sure glad we did, because this is an exceptional beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Schlafly Oatmeal Stout. 9 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Stone, Cold. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Sam Adams Boston Lager. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Landline. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Hidden Grotto. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Juice Press. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity