STS Pils pours a crystal clear, golden straw color. But if you pour the sediment from the bottom of the bottle into a glass, that will gave it a slight cloudiness. Head is very white and foamy, with plenty of ascending tiny bubbles. Aroma is malty with bread, cracker, or biscuits. On the taste, there's a nice balance of hops, malt, and yeast. Grassy and floral hops, maybe a touch of lemon citrus. There's a dry, bready, cracker-like malt throughout. Yeast is noticeable and pleasant. Clean and crisp with a refreshing mouthfeel. Finish is dry and prolonged with a slightly bitter finish. Overall this has a classic Pilsner taste, but it's much hoppier that most. This is to be expected with a Pilsner from Russian River, and it's definitely one of the best we've had from this style!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer listened to Stone, Cold. 50 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Copperhead Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Sam Adams Boston Lager. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Landline. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Hidden Grotto. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Juice Press. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for 559 RFA (Raisin Farmer Ale). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity