Experimental J-Hole pours a clear, dark amber with a cream colored head that is fizzy and frothy like the head on a root beer float. Aroma is nutty and malt-forward. Taste is also malt-forward at first, with roasted malt, dark bread like rye and pumpernickel, and just a bit of caramel sweetness. Quite hoppy as well with earthy and fruity hops. Actually very well balanced for this style. Mild bitterness and super smooth mouthfeel. This is a fantastic Red IPA that brings together complementary skills from both Melvin Brewing and Rhinegeist Brewery.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Orange County. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to All About the Stout. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Santilli. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Safety Porpoises. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Cougar. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Trejo's Cerveza. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity