MPH is an Imperial Porter brewed with cayenne pepper and pomegranate juice. It pours a very dark brown color with amber highlights around the edges. Head is light brown and almost reddish in color. Strong aroma of chocolate, dark cherries, and a bit of heat from the pepper. Taste has the dark fruit up front, both cherry and pomegranate, but then it transitions to an onslaught of throat burning pepper heat. Good thing there's plenty of coffee and chocolate notes, because the spice seems to accumulate with each sip. Lots of complex flavors, and the 10.8% is well masked by the spice that prevents you from noticing the alcohol. Interesting and worthy of the Strange Brew category, but be sure to take some Prilosec before you drink this beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Kulshan Brewing Company Raspberry Gose. 8 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Comatose Imperial IPA. 30 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Oktcovidtest 2021. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Rosetta. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Hutte Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Derivative: Mystery. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Celebration and Three DIPAs. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity