MPH is an Imperial Porter brewed with cayenne pepper and pomegranate juice. It pours a very dark brown color with amber highlights around the edges. Head is light brown and almost reddish in color. Strong aroma of chocolate, dark cherries, and a bit of heat from the pepper. Taste has the dark fruit up front, both cherry and pomegranate, but then it transitions to an onslaught of throat burning pepper heat. Good thing there's plenty of coffee and chocolate notes, because the spice seems to accumulate with each sip. Lots of complex flavors, and the 10.8% is well masked by the spice that prevents you from noticing the alcohol. Interesting and worthy of the Strange Brew category, but be sure to take some Prilosec before you drink this beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Monkey Knife Fight. 29 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Galaxy Park. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Category 5 IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Neverending Haze IPA. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Space Needle Golden IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity