MPH is an Imperial Porter brewed with cayenne pepper and pomegranate juice. It pours a very dark brown color with amber highlights around the edges. Head is light brown and almost reddish in color. Strong aroma of chocolate, dark cherries, and a bit of heat from the pepper. Taste has the dark fruit up front, both cherry and pomegranate, but then it transitions to an onslaught of throat burning pepper heat. Good thing there’s plenty of coffee and chocolate notes, because the spice seems to accumulate with each sip. Lots of complex flavors, and the 10.8% is well masked by the spice that prevents you from noticing the alcohol. Interesting and worthy of the Strange Brew category, but be sure to take some Prilosec before you drink this beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 8 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Citradamus. 19 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer CA$H MONY . 28 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Fantasy Factory. 29 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Downtown Brown. 58 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Ten Fidy (Barrel-Aged). 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity