MPH is an Imperial Porter brewed with cayenne pepper and pomegranate juice. It pours a very dark brown color with amber highlights around the edges. Head is light brown and almost reddish in color. Strong aroma of chocolate, dark cherries, and a bit of heat from the pepper. Taste has the dark fruit up front, both cherry and pomegranate, but then it transitions to an onslaught of throat burning pepper heat. Good thing there's plenty of coffee and chocolate notes, because the spice seems to accumulate with each sip. Lots of complex flavors, and the 10.8% is well masked by the spice that prevents you from noticing the alcohol. Interesting and worthy of the Strange Brew category, but be sure to take some Prilosec before you drink this beer!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 1 minute ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pale to the King. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Lupujus 7. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Double Actuator. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity