Where the previous year's version Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada caught flack for being too hoppy, the 2016 edition leans toward tradition. It offers a golden color and distinctly German characteristics resulting from the use of German malts and hops. There is a reserved aroma, bready malts with a hint of citrus. The flavor of this beer balances grainy malts, hop bitterness, and sugar sweetness into a clean lager with a crisp finish. It tastes very much like traditional German Oktoberfest beers, yet it provides a freshness in the US that you can probably only get by traveling to Germany.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to San Diego Part 2. 58 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Citraholic. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Westmalle Dubbel Trappist Ale. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Did We Just Become Best Friends. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Electric Reindeer. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Chocolate Sombrero. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity