Where the previous year's version Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada caught flack for being too hoppy, the 2016 edition leans toward tradition. It offers a golden color and distinctly German characteristics resulting from the use of German malts and hops. There is a reserved aroma, bready malts with a hint of citrus. The flavor of this beer balances grainy malts, hop bitterness, and sugar sweetness into a clean lager with a crisp finish. It tastes very much like traditional German Oktoberfest beers, yet it provides a freshness in the US that you can probably only get by traveling to Germany.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Flyby Pilsner. 10 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to California Grab Bag. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Belligerent Bloke. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Sour Series Batch No. 7. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Epic Barley Wine. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Son of Juice. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Founders Centennial IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity