Where the previous year's version Oktoberfest from Sierra Nevada caught flack for being too hoppy, the 2016 edition leans toward tradition. It offers a golden color and distinctly German characteristics resulting from the use of German malts and hops. There is a reserved aroma, bready malts with a hint of citrus. The flavor of this beer balances grainy malts, hop bitterness, and sugar sweetness into a clean lager with a crisp finish. It tastes very much like traditional German Oktoberfest beers, yet it provides a freshness in the US that you can probably only get by traveling to Germany.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnkleDeep listened to Strange Green Beer, Apical Dominance, 4/20 and more!. 37 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Drake's Drakonic Imperial Stout. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Seizoen. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Lagoon. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Elevated Perspective (Version 5). 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity