We recently got to try Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale on tap at the brewery. It pours a classic pumpkin ale color, golden orange and slightly hazy with an off-white head. There is a fair amount of pumpkin on the aroma with some grassy malt. The flavor consists of a robust bready maltiness with earthy hops. The pumpkin is also very noticeable with a ample portion of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove in the aftertaste. It's on the less sweet side compared to other pumpkin ales, and if there's such a thing as an East Coast style pumpkin ale, this might be it. This beer delivers a ton of flavor and is definitely one to seek out if you are looking for a classic pumpkin ale.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 53 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for General Sherman IPA. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Oberon Ale. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Stochasticity Project: Master of Disguise. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Oktober Fuel. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Afterglow. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lily Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity