Xocoveza is a seasonal imperial stout loaded with a multitude of complex flavors. On the pour, it's a very dark color with a pretty thin head. Before you even take a sip, you get huge aromatics including winter spices and pasilla pepper heat. Coffee, chocolate, pasilla pepper, vanilla, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon - we get all of those in both the aroma and on the taste. But what makes this interesting is that there are lots of distinguishable flavors, yet they all seem to work together and complement each other. Reminiscent of Mexican chocolate and the 8.1% abv is pretty masked and appropriate for the style. Strong, effervescent carbonation and the body isn’t too heavy. This is a complex and robust winter beer, and definitely one of the more unique ones available.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Schlafly Oatmeal Stout. 19 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Monterey Beer. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Operation IPA Overload. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Clencher 2 Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- budman1 and 1 other listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity