Xocoveza is a seasonal imperial stout loaded with a multitude of complex flavors. On the pour, it's a very dark color with a pretty thin head. Before you even take a sip, you get huge aromatics including winter spices and pasilla pepper heat. Coffee, chocolate, pasilla pepper, vanilla, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon - we get all of those in both the aroma and on the taste. But what makes this interesting is that there are lots of distinguishable flavors, yet they all seem to work together and complement each other. Reminiscent of Mexican chocolate and the 8.1% abv is pretty masked and appropriate for the style. Strong, effervescent carbonation and the body isn’t too heavy. This is a complex and robust winter beer, and definitely one of the more unique ones available.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 34 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lips of Faith - Le Terroir (2015). 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Sactown Brews Revisited. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Weapon of Mass Seduction. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to LA LA Land. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Forever Cashmere. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity