Xocoveza is a seasonal imperial stout loaded with a multitude of complex flavors. On the pour, it's a very dark color with a pretty thin head. Before you even take a sip, you get huge aromatics including winter spices and pasilla pepper heat. Coffee, chocolate, pasilla pepper, vanilla, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon - we get all of those in both the aroma and on the taste. But what makes this interesting is that there are lots of distinguishable flavors, yet they all seem to work together and complement each other. Reminiscent of Mexican chocolate and the 8.1% abv is pretty masked and appropriate for the style. Strong, effervescent carbonation and the body isn’t too heavy. This is a complex and robust winter beer, and definitely one of the more unique ones available.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Hangar 24 Amarillo Pale Ale. 37 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Head Full of Dynomite v.5. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Le Petit Diablotin. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Old Rasputin. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 7 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap