Xocoveza is a seasonal imperial stout loaded with a multitude of complex flavors. On the pour, it's a very dark color with a pretty thin head. Before you even take a sip, you get huge aromatics including winter spices and pasilla pepper heat. Coffee, chocolate, pasilla pepper, vanilla, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon - we get all of those in both the aroma and on the taste. But what makes this interesting is that there are lots of distinguishable flavors, yet they all seem to work together and complement each other. Reminiscent of Mexican chocolate and the 8.1% abv is pretty masked and appropriate for the style. Strong, effervescent carbonation and the body isn’t too heavy. This is a complex and robust winter beer, and definitely one of the more unique ones available.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pterodactyl. 31 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for More Dark Lager. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to L.A. Beers. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for American Cheat Codes. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Lustro. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Can't Stop Juicin'. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity