Xocoveza is a seasonal imperial stout loaded with a multitude of complex flavors. On the pour, it's a very dark color with a pretty thin head. Before you even take a sip, you get huge aromatics including winter spices and pasilla pepper heat. Coffee, chocolate, pasilla pepper, vanilla, nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon - we get all of those in both the aroma and on the taste. But what makes this interesting is that there are lots of distinguishable flavors, yet they all seem to work together and complement each other. Reminiscent of Mexican chocolate and the 8.1% abv is pretty masked and appropriate for the style. Strong, effervescent carbonation and the body isn’t too heavy. This is a complex and robust winter beer, and definitely one of the more unique ones available.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Murder of Crows. 7 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Gimme Mo. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for 20th Anniversary Ale. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Stouting Match. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Feminist. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity